Saturday, February 25, 2017

Damn it.....



So there's been a problem with the blog this past week. My older posts are no longer accessible through a Google search. They show up in a search, but the link is now broken and only displays an error message.


Why? The short answer is because I know nothing about computers.


The long answer is that I changed the name and URL of the blog. I've wanted to do this for some time now and decided to just do it a week ago. I assumed (you know what they say about that!) that every post would change to the new URL, that traffic would be automatically redirected, and that's where I was mistaken. Every post prior to the change still has the old URL which is now a dead end.


I've been reading all week on how to fix this, watching YouTube tutorials, tinkering around to figure a way around this. No luck. I bought a custom domain thinking it would solve the problem, nope. I tried reverting a couple old posts to drafts and republishing them, thinking they would now have the new URL. Not happening. At this point, I'm at a complete loss. I can't even find the blog in a Google search right now.


If you've found me again somehow, welcome back and I'm so so sorry for any confusion this may have caused. If you're new, welcome and have a look around! Until I can figure everything out, you can still view the older posts by clicking through the side bar. I still have tons of reviews to work on so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment